Friday, January 31, 2014

AYOLF- First Goal

 
I'm joining the game a bit late, but, in an effort to consistently work on some quilting projects I've been wanting to start and/or finish, I'm participating in "A year of Lovely Finishes" hosted by Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs.  For this little activity, I make and commit to a goal for something I want to finish by the end of the month, then do it!

Right now I'm really into Amish style quilts.  I admire their simple beauty that stands the test of time.  I recently bought this book which has lots of great examples of these quilts.  On my bucket list is to make one of each of the styles featured in this book.  

My next project is a quilt for the living room couch.  Here's the pattern I chose:


I plan to use civil war reproduction fabrics  for this. I picked up a couple charm packs from the shop where I take classes--- (School House Quilts) and ordered a large fat quarter pack of some other repro fabrics on Etsy! 

             Repro fabrics from the shop 

So here's my 1st goal: start cutting the half square triangles for this project.  At a minimum id like to get all the precut squares cut into triangles! If time allows, I'd also like to start sewing some together.  

C ya soon.  

Denise 

No comments:

Post a Comment