Saturday, March 1, 2014

AYOLF- March Goal

Hi again!  For my march goal, I'm going to pick up where I left off in February doing the piecework for my Amish style Pyramids quilt.  Here's where I left off:
By the end of March, my goal is to get the rest of the 5in squares (for those fabrics which I didn't already cut into triangles) and/or triangles cut (darn it! why couldn't I have learned the sew squares together then cut trick b4 I cut all those triangles out!), pair them up and continue getting them sewn together.  If time allows, I'd also love to start laying out the design, but my realistic side says save that for the April goal! 

Happy Sewing!!

Denise

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

February Goal Setting: A Quilting Legacy: AYOLF

February Finishes Update: A Quilting Legacy: AYOLF Feb. Check In

3 comments:

  1. On the other hand, you would have had lots of bias edges to deal with, if you had learned that method first. =) Good luck with your cutting and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply and good luck wishes. One question though... I'm still sorta new at the quilting thing, but I thought that sewing the squares together first then sewing and cutting was done to AVOID the bias edges that result when the square is cut diagonally to create the two tri's... Maybe I'm misunderstanding? :/

      Delete
  2. If you sew all round and cut the squares into 4 HSTs, you would have bias edges. If you sew the squares down the middle and cut into two HSTs, you don't have that problem, no bias edge.

    if you want any more information or me to explain better, you can email me back - if your reply here in your comments, I won't see it. Though someone else might

    ReplyDelete